The perfect storage solution for all those things you don’t want to lose
- 1 x piece of MDF 10mm thick, 600mm x 450mm
Fabric to cover board 616mm x 466mm
2 x D Rings
7-8mm wood screws
- Staple gun
- Power drill
WHAT TO DO:
- Cut fabric to size
- Place the MDF board in centre of the fabric, leaving an equal amount of material on every side.
- Fold the edges of the fabric neatly over the board. Use the masking tape to secure the fabric onto the MDF. Using the staple gun, attach the fabric to MDF.
- Decide how you want your elastic strips arranged. Make sure you vary the distance between the elastic to give your board versatility in accommodating a variety of items.
- Cut elastic to size, leaving enough excess to fold back onto the board.
- Position the elastic in the desired places using the masking tape. Stretch around the board, keep taught.
- Secure the elastic on the back with staple gun.
- Use the drill to pre-drill 2 small holes (not all the way through) into the back of the board where you want to put the D-rings (one each side).
- Screw in the D-rings on the upper right and left corners of the back of the board.
- Mount board on wall and fill with your favourite treasures.
All the projects featured require care when carrying out. We recommend that you observe manufacturer’s operating instructions and take all necessary safety precautions. Always exercise care and common sense when attempting tasks such as these.